TEDxChange – April 5, 2012, live from Berlin
Convened by Melinda French Gates. Hosted by Chris Anderson.
The current economic climate has drawn our focus to immediate needs closest to home. But now, more than ever, it's critical to keep site of the fact that we are part of interdependent, global community. And too many within that community cannot meet their most basic needs: food, clean water, life-saving medical treatment and vaccines.
We can't proceed with business as usual.
On April 5, 2012, we'll take a step back and look at the big picture: Why should we, as a society, continue to invest in global health and development? How can we work across borders and political boundaries to make positive change? And what returns can we expect on our investments?
Booking your seat:
- Fill the registration form here.
- Join the Facebook RSVP.
- Shoot an email to Shoubhik Bose ( email@example.com )
This being a non-profit event, to keep up with the rising production costs, we would be charging a nominal fee of Rs. 30
- Attendee ID Cards.
- Taking part in the "In our Future" campaign of Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.
- A copy of the TEDx EasternMetropolitanBypass Overview.
Check-in - 6:00 p.m. (1230 GMT)
Check-out- 10:30 p.m. (1700 GMT)
Live 18-minute talks
- Mr. Rahul Guha Roy: "Music – A Journey into Inner and Outer Awareness "
- Arch. Vikas Pawar : " Architecture for Survival in this era of climate change "
- Team Kaustav Bera : "USER DRIVEN HEALTH CARE: Global Learning Towards Local care"
- Debi Dutta : " A peace trip to connect the youth of 8 countries "
TEDxChange: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's: The BIG PICTURE,
LIVE streaming from Berlin, Germany.
What is TEDx?
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx.
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.
Our event is calledTEDxEasternMetropolitanBypass,
where x = independently organized TED event.
At our TEDxEasternMetropolitanBypass event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.